Wednesday, 19 October 2016

When we are Weakest


Whilst I sit here, snuggled in my Thumper onesie, accompanied by rich tea biscuits, water in a sippie cup, Lindsey Kelk and Netflix, exhausted from a permanent headache and spending an unpleasant amount of time curled up in a ball praying to keep food down, I had a sudden urge to let my creative juices flow and have somehow managed to muster up the strength to string some words together in order to give myself a distraction, and also keep up with my new willingness to get back to blogging.

Have you ever seen this meme? I, I'm sure along with many others, am that permanently exhausted pigeon. Between balancing uni, working, trying to keep up a social life, whilst also maintaining a tidy house and finding time to spend with B and our families, it doesn't leave much room for anything else, but even as a permanently exhausted pigeon, I am so grateful for all of it. That I have the choice to go back to education and study freely (freely doesn't include the £9000 fees, which are soon to rise, again, as well as a maintenance loan that SFE be like "oh I see your parents get two toppings on their pizza, you must not need much aid) BUT yet still grateful that I am able to do all of those things.

When I am at my weakest, it is then that I realise how much I have surrounding me to pull me back up, pop me back on my feet and send me on my way. I can't help but quote Dumbledore here: "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." What a wise old sage.

Why did I wrote this post you might be asking?
The answer... simply to remind myself that although being a permanently exhausted pigeon can suck, it's also a blessing in disguise that I have these things in my life that although do make me tired, are wonderful things to be balancing.

1 comment :

  1. I get ya my friend. I usually leave the house at 8ish and rarely come back before 7 and even then I have to keep up with my blog, go over lectures, etc. But I kind of like being so busy (and tired, I guess...), it makes me appreciate my free time so much more! haha x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top