Friday, 28 October 2016

This one's for you, Mum



As I was pondering what to write about this week, there's been one person on my mind. My mum. This past week for me has been a weird one. One that's seen lots of tears, both happy and sad. It's just been one of those bleurgh weeks, you know the ones? Whenever I'm down, there are two people I turn to and my mum is one of them.

When I was growing up, people used to ask who my inspiration was, most people would talk about the latest girl band taking over the charts or the popular sports figure, mine was always my Mum. So, this ones for you Mum.

Thank you for teaching me the absolute importance of honesty and integrity, for teaching me the value of patience, for showing me that the best way to deal with the bullies is simply to smile, for indulging in reminiscent conversations over Costa coffee about how things were when you grew up, doc martens, baggy trousers and an "I shot JR" t-shirt, for endless nights snuggled on the sofa watching 24 hours in A&E, for answering my late night phone calls when I'm in a panic. Your strength and wisdom is astounding. Thank you for a lifetime of support and laughter, for being the support system I've always needed, for giving me the honest truth and tough love. Thank you for teaching me how important it is to work hard but equally play even harder and live life to the absolute fullest. For giving me a sister and brother who you have also taught to encompass those very same qualities. I am enamoured by your undisguised openness, to know that I can be 100% honest with you about anything and everything, for building a family so strong.

A lot of people who meet my mum always tell me how wonderful she is, this I know, but it makes me so proud that I know it's not just me who see this wonderful attributes of my mum's beautiful personality.

Here's to you, Mum

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top