Sunday, 29 June 2014

My American Adventure Update #2 Home Sweet Home



So, since last updating, I have filled in 12 more pages of my scrapbook, had my first 3 weeks of campers, ate more than I ever thought possible and made memories I'm never going to forget, and I still have 6 more weeks left of Campers. Camp is a place I cannot describe, pictures cannot capture and spoken word does not do justice. It's a special place, where strangers become your family in just a few short weeks, campers become your best friends, and sleep is needed the most, but had the least. It's a place where makeup and hair straighteners are swapped for braids and those freckles you hate the most. But most of all, it's a place of beauty, of peace amongst the chaos of the outside world and a place I'll forever hold close to my heart.

One of the many perks of living in an era where technology takes precedence is that contacting home is fairly easy. A lot of people ask me if it's hard being without your family and friends for so long, and of course the answer is yes. But here, in the Western North Carolina mountains, my heart is content. And for the next 2 months, this is my home.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top